Monday, July 25, 2011

What have I been up to....

Well, I finally finished my summer wreath....with the saying, "better late than never", yeah, whatever...anyway here it is...

I found my inspiration for this wreath from Scissors and Spatulas Blog.  Go check out her post for the full tutorial, and her tutorial for the Fabric Flowers and Rosettes.  I enjoyed every minute of making this wreath and I'm sure I'll be making more in different colors.  I chose to use reds, chartreuse, yellow and white as my colors to match the cushions on my front porch, but when you see the following pics of my summer flowers, you'll notice I planted most everything in pinks....what was I thinking you might ask...well I was planting at the same time I was helping to plan my daughter's baby girl shower....so pink was definitely on my mind.
 I at least had the foresight to use red pots...
I love this vintage copper canner...




My Brown-eyed Susans are just starting to bloom...

And "million-bells" are one of my all time favs...


Who doesn't love daisies!!! (this may not be what they are called in the different colors, but that's what they look like to me)

I've also been very inspired to try my hand at spray-painting this year after seeing all the fun projects on other blogs.  So my first spray-painting project was the following metal 4-tiered ivy plant stand which was rusted and icky looking, sorry I forgot to take a before pic...
I placed it on my front porch and placed my herbs on it as they were getting too much sun on our deck....my basil is not doing so great this year, but the rosemary and italian flat-leaf parsley are going gangbusters.  And the off-white pot that holds the pony-tail palm is most certainly next on the spray-painting list...
I've simply fallen in love with succulents...I had this small windowbox/frame in aqua blue, so a coat of pure white was def called for...then I painted the small cream colored plastic pots and planted a couple of succulents in them, then topped them with beach gravel.   They may very well be my summery fav...

 Note to self: next year plan colors better!!!!

13 comments:

Nikki Bond said...

WOW Melissa!....Gorgeous!!! YOu should sell some of those on your Etsy! It turned out wonderfully! Your flowers are pretty too...they are thriving really well! Mine look a little weary from all the high temps we've been having! {SMILES}

Anonymous said...

Everything looks beautiful! Wish you lived closer! Love to see it in person soon I will!

Debbiedoos said...

Your wreath is darling, and so are your flowers. I wish mine looked like that now.

kmurrey said...

So beautiful! And I love the makeovers with the containers and plant stand! Very pretty Missy!

Christina said...

Hi there,

I have a quick question about your site. Would you mind emailing me back when you have a minute @ christinajohnson126@gmail.com

Thank you,
Christina

Anonymous said...

Excellent job Melissa, it's really gorgeous! I love your new photography pictures well done! I love brown eye susan mine are just starting to peek through as well.
Lots of hugs Rosemary...X

Kristin Aquariann said...

Lovely wreath and pretty flowers!!

Jordan said...

Loooooove the wreath! Definitely better late then never! ♥

And all the photographs are gorgeous! ♥♥

xoxo
Jordan♫

Unknown said...

2015-08-31 zhengjx
2015-08-31 zhengjx
nike trainers sale
nike store
louis vuitton handbags
air jordan 13
spy sunglasses
true religion
prada sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
true religion outlet
louis vuitton outlet
timberland boots
coach outlet
toms shoes outlet
louis vuitton outlet
nike huarache
michael kors handbags
coach outlet
hollister kids
michael kors handbags
michael kors handbag
louis vuitton
soccer jerseys
adidas superstar 2
coach outlet online
toms outlet
coach outlet
tods sale
louboutin
oakley vault
jordan pas cher
mont blanc pen
louis vuitton handbags
burberry outlet
fitflops
michael kors outlet
true religion outlet
timberland outlet
jordan retro 11
michael kors outlet online
white timberland boots

Biaya dan Efek samping Operasi Kista Bartholin said...


Thanks for the information, this is very useful. Allow me to share a health article here, which gods are beneficial to us. Thank you :)

Obat Telinga Bernanah paling Ampuh
Cara Memesan QnC Jelly Gamat
Cara Mengobati kista Bartholin tanpa Operasi
Obat ISPA paling Ampuh
Vitamin Penguat Tulang dan sendi
Cara Mengobati Kencing yang Tersendat

mcshede said...

browse around this website read this article use this link recommended you read click here to investigate YSL Dolabuy

titool said...

v1o57y1p20 d4o72b2u29 u8m78l8r17 o6j76l0t21 z7l05i8m42 v7j03k5w20

tough said...

h4q51f1o34 h9m71p7b49 f3n87n0f53 p2l18l9x96 o0d16o9p50 j4f94x1a00