Saturday, March 12, 2011

Week of Beauty -- Hair Care --Part 4

Note: I am not affiliated in any way with Kenra Hair Care Products or Purelolgy Hair Care Products, nor is this a paid advertisement.

Today's post is about hair care and the products that I personally found to be the best for achieving the results I needed as a hair care colorist and stylist for over 20 years. When I first opened my own salon fourteen years ago, the hair care line of products I started out with was Graham Webb, I was determined to only offer the highest quality products that produced superior results and Graham Webb certainly fit the bill. Over the years, I tried every old and new product available, just to see if there was something better, and what I found was Pureology. Loved it..........

But at first, I was worried about the higher prices being off-putting to my customers, until I realized that, yeah, you might pay a bit more at first, but as their products are not made with "water", making them ultra-concentrated, you end up using a fraction of what you use with cheaper brands, so the result is the products go so much further, you really aren't spending much more than you were before. (ex: if you normally use a Quarter-sized dollop of shampoo in your palm to wash your hair, you would use a Dime-sized dollop with Pureology)



Pureology Super Smooth System

Here are a few facts about Pureology...

COMPREHENSIVE COLOUR CARE SYSTEMS FOR ALL TYPES OF HAIR
ANTIFADE COMPLEX®
Free radicals are highly unstable molecules that attack hair follicles and colour pigments, compromising hair health and colour vibrancy. Pureology’s exclusive AntiFadeComplex® contains a blend of potent antioxidants and full spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreens to protect colour from free radicals.

ZERO SULFATE® SHAMPOOS
Surfactants are an essential part of a shampoo’s cleansing system, but common surfactants, known as sulfates, can fade colour vibrancy. To gently cleanse without stripping colour, our ZeroSulfate® shampoos include a mild cleansing system, with no added salt, derived from coconut, corn, and sugar to deliver a rich lather and help optimize colour retention.

NATURE-INFUSED FORMULAS
FOR PURE PERFORMANCE
100% VEGAN INGREDIENTS
Pureology combines the best of nature with advanced technology to ensure pure performance and radiant colour, and our products are made without animal products or by-products.

ORGANIC BOTANICALS
We are committed to developing naturally-based formulas infused with organic botanicals harvested from plants grown without the use of synthetic pesticides or chemicals.

CONCENTRATED FORMULAS
FOR PURE INDULGENCE
Indulge in the ultimate multi-sensory experience with highly concentrated formulas bursting with superior ingredients that deliver up to 80 shampoos—two times more than other shampoos. Our rich lathers, featherlight textures, and decadent masques surround the senses with aromatic essences, creating a luxurious experience and incredible results. Colour-treated hair is silky soft with dramatically improved condition and remarkable shine.

CREATED WITH INTEGRITY
From the beginning, Pureology’s philosophy has been uncompromising. Our superior colour care is created with integrity to preserve the future well-being of our environment while still providing 100% guaranteed product performance. Pureology is against animal cruelty and proud to use post-consumer recycled and recyclable packaging


Pureology Pure Volume System


It's only my opinion, but I've personally used Pureology on my clients AND myself with the exact result I wanted. Let me tell you the circumstance that orginally got me to try Pureology for the first time...

Salon Testimonial

I had an on-off client, she colored and lightened her own hair and just came to me for nails and hair cuts...she came to me one day with her hair literally "fried"...she had colored and highlighted, then gone to Florida, and into a chlorine pool...DISASTER!!!! She was practically in tears. Her hair had just a tad of a green cast AND about 6 inches that looked and felt like "cotton candy" (very gummy and stringy). She had hair that was normally very dry, SUPER curly, corkscrew curls, and we were going to have to cut at least 6-8 inches of it off just to get rid of the worst of the damage. In the hair care world, once hair is damaged, it has to be cut off, there is no "repairing" it no matter what products on the consumer market advertise.

Well, needless to say, she begged me to help her find some way to save what we could...I told her to give me a few days and I'd call her with whatever I found. Enter...Pureology

I had already been reading about it, so I checked into it some more and I decided to try Essential Repair Instant Repair Treatment and Nano Works Luxury System . I gave them to her with complete instructions and for her to come back in a week and we'd see what we had to work with.

She came back....in 3 DAYS! Walking on air and sporting a beamer of a smile! "LOOK at this"...I gotta tell ya, I would have sworn to anyone that asked, we would be cutting off 6 inches of her hair at the end of her trial...but the Pureology products had REPAIRED, yes REPAIRED almost ALL of the damage, we ended up cutting off 1 inch!!!!!! Their products became my shops featured line the very next day, and flew off the shelves after that.

Whether you have thin, coarse, color-treated, damaged, or even healthy hair, they have products that will work STUPENDOUSLY for your specific needs. I really just can't say enough good about them.

I find that hair gets "tired" of using the same brand ALL the time, so my favorite switch off brand is Kenra Hair Care Products. I will use my Pureology all week, and then switch to Kenra for a couple of days, then switch back. I am, with hair care products the same as I am with skin care products...always trying out whatever is new on the market, cause you just never know when something better might come along...but for the past 10 years, both of these hair care lines are my go to's.


Kenra Color Maintenance Shampoo

Tomorrow I plan to go more into the different hair types and the specific needs for those types, and I hope to finish up my "Week of Beauty" series on Monday with Hair Care Styling Products.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask here in the comments section or email me at mybluepeacock3333@hotmail.com and if you've found a great hair care product or have your own testimonial, I'd love to hear about it.

No comments: