Sunday, February 13, 2011

What's on my needles....

I'm starting a new series that I'll call "What's on my needles..." to show everyone what knit & crochet projects I'm currently working on. I plan to post photos, some tips and tricks I've picked up, along with mistakes and hopefully how I fix them.
***
I was inspired to do this series when I realized how much I've learned from other blogs and websites. One of my favs is Brenda of phydeaux-designs.com (yes, I finally learned how to just put in the name of the link instead of you seeing the whole link! Thank you Nikki!!!!). Below is a picture of one of her handmade buttons listing in her etsy shop .
***
I made one of her cowl patterns and I just know I'm gonna have to have me some of her buttons to finish it...I plan to keep it for myself!

So, on my needles today, err actually my crochet hook, is this circle afghan. I'm using an acrylic yarn from Lion Brand Homespun so that it will be machine washable (you can't imagine how hard it is to hand wash a large blanket...or maybe you can). Normally, I prefer good quality natural fibers and don't like using acrylic yarn, but in certain cases like this and some baby items I do make an exception.

***

This is my first time working a circle pattern, but I'm finding it really fun except for when the hook keeps catching little strands of the yarn it's not supposed to (sooo not fun when that happens).

I suppose that happens because the yarn is super fluffy, but the fluffiness is going to make this afghan SSSSSUUUUUPPPPPEEEEERRR soft, so I'm willing to put up with the "catching" and finish it. I can tell you that I won't be using it to crochet with anymore, but I think it will be fine for a knit pattern.
***
I did love the neutral colors, I really stink at taking pics so they don't really show the gorgeous cream, it tends to look washed out in the pics. And the brown is really a rich chocolate with a few touches or rust to give it a lovely marled look.

Afghans take me quite a while to make as I only work on them a couple hours at a time and then I have to switch to a different project so may hands don't cramp up. I'll be sure to post pics of the finished project...then it will either go into my etsy store or become a gift to give someone.

So what projects are you working on?

2 comments:

yanmaneee said...

curry 6 shoes
golden goose
giannis shoes
hermes belt
off white shoes
yeezy boost 350 v2
lebron 18
kyrie 7
stone island outlet
birkin bag

Unknown said...

additional info n2d88k2n99 replica designer backpacks 7a replica bags wholesale have a peek at this web-site n8c40x6o61 replica bags online replica bags korea replica bags from china replica hermes bags k3p31a9m79 replica bags los angeles